Thursday, November 8, 2012
WIP Mini Blog Hop: Go!
Here are the rules:
- Give credit to the person/blog that tagged you
- Post the rules for this hop
- Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog
- Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them
1. What is the working title of your book?
- The Beautiful Catastrophe
2. What genre does the book fall under?
- BDSM erotic romance with discipline and sexy spankings sprinkled throughout.
3. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for the movie rendition?
- Christian Bale would play Slade E. Masters ( better known in the book as Mr. E) Strong Dominant Personality
- Marion Cotillard as Catastrophe Grace Sullivan Morgan ( better known in the book as Cat) Strong, witty submissive woman with sexy appeal that could stop train.
4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
- Threat of death, morality, and punishment cannot keep two people from they’re destiny of happily ever after.
5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
- I have a couple of publishers I wish to look into for my book, but I’m highly considering self-publishing a few anthologies by the end of the year, and testing the waters.
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
- 4 months ( 2 books…190,000 cut down to one book.) 140,000 right now, and editing still UGH! (I’m a writer, not an editor, lol)
7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
- Simililarities in these books below, but it’s my unique writer’s voice that makes it very different, I hope:
- Bared to You: A CrossFire Novel
- Fifty Shades of Gray
8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
- I read Collen Hoover’s books Slammed and Point of No Retreat. Long story short, I have aspired to write forever, but never did seriously until reading these two books. They’re love and emotion on a page, and I wanted to do that.
- I wanted to write love on paper, and scream erotica from the roof-tops with words. All the while, bringing my chosen lifestyle into as well, and show romance’s in the eye of the beholder. The heart decides what’s romantic, not society.
9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
- Towards the last half of the book, you will find out something very interesting about Catastrophe’s father and his girlfriend! Let’s just say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree when it comes to ‘lifestyle’ choices.
- Tag, you’re it!
- I ’tagged’ the following authors: